Are you working as a Teacher? or planning to work as a Teacher? But not taken the B.Ed yet?!!!
Don’t worry..I have solution for you ..
As you know that, the following courses are accepted by the ministry for Teacher preparation qualification.
♦ UK Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training
♦ Bachelor of Education
♦Post graduate certificate of Education
♦Master of Education
If you do not have B.Ed,UK Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training is for you, I will give in short:
♠It take minimum 12 weeks ( 3 Months )
♠There is no exam for this
♠Only assignment submission and approval
♠It is costly at present, I am also searching for it with affordable fees for my colleagues. I will share with you once I get few information about this.
Please wait for my next post before you take a decision.
Detailed information is given below.
This qualification provides training for those individuals who aspire to, or hold, a teaching role with an extensive range of teaching or training responsibilities, including those in more than one context. It is the recognised full teaching qualification for the sector.
You must have a minimum of 100 hours of teaching practice.
This qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills;
- are currently teaching and want to have their experience and practice accredited;
- are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 100 hours;
- are able to undertake a large qualification, lasting one to two years;
- have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of a degree course;
- want a wide choice of optional units to reflect the context in which they teach;
- want a qualification recognised as equivalent to the Certificate of Education qualifications;
- are willing to undertake an initial assessment of their skills in English, mathematics and ICT, record their development needs and follow an action plan to address them where necessary.
- can evidence Level 3 skills in English or mathematics if they are taking any of the specialist units in teaching English (literacy and/or ESOL) or mathematics (numeracy).
The Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training allows and qualifies you to work in the lifelong learning sector in a full teaching position within further education as well as in some secondary schools. With this certification you are able to apply for your Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
At Enhanced Learning we pride ourselves in our outstanding support system. Once enrolled onto your course you will receive a welcome call from your sector competent tutor, and you will be given a direct telephone number for them. They will be available Monday to Friday to offer guidance and provide feedback as you work through the programme, ensuring your assignments meet the criteria. This excellent online support system is in place so that you will never be alone!
The duration of the course is approximately 6-9 months. Students will be required to have access to 100 hours of teaching practice whilst on the course, if you have done any teaching in the past 3 months we may be able to take this into consideration. You will also be observed for a total of 8 hours throughout your course, we can come to your location for these at no extra cost. Alternatively you can be observed by one of your colleagues although they must be suitably qualified.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for those candidates who want the opportunity to explore underpinning theories, frameworks and research into effective teaching and learning alongside developing practical teaching skills. It is also suitable for those candidates who are currently teaching and want their experience and practice accredited or those who are not currently teaching but can meet the minimum teaching practice requirement of 100 hours.
Minimum Qualification and Entry Level Requirements – you should be qualified to Level 3 or be able to demonstrate Level 3 skills in the subject that you intend to teach, have access to a minimum of 100 teaching practice hours and possess reasonable levels of language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
The course Consist a minimum of 100 hours of teaching practice hours based in the candidate’s own work environment.
(Those who are having any Degree is eligible for this )